Tales & legends and handicraft package
Available year long for groups, upon reservation only.
A trip into the heart of the Wendat history and their ancient way of life
- Visit the Wendat Long House Yänonhchia’
- Presentation of the traditional way of life and the social organization at the time when the Europeans arrived.
- Remind the traditional means of transport.
- Initiation into the spiritual life of the Wendat Nation by entering the sweat lodge (ENDEONNSK8A).
- Discover Indigenous traditional food preservation techniques: ETIESATRAOA (smokehouse) and ETI8ATSAOAOA (drying shed).
TALES & LEGENDS
According to ancient beliefs, the people who had knowledge had to transmit it to the younger generations within the Nation. This tradition permitted the legends to survive throughout time. Let our story teller share with you the riveting legend of the Creation of the World and many more.
NECKLACE MAKING (11 YEAR OLDS AND UNDER)
Our young visitors enter into the heart of Native roots by learning how to create and make a necklace out of traditional pearls. In the past, this necklace as all the other jewellery were the only goods the Wendats possessed. The rest was communal property.
MEDICINE WHEEL MAKING (12 TO 17 YEAR OLDS)
Made of deer leather and goose and pheasant feathers, the medicine wheel is used to chase away illness. The cross represents the four cardinal points and intends to protect each and every home around the world. The caribou bones are symbol of luck.