RESERVATIONS ARE MANDATORY
To book your guided tour online : click on the link “Reserve now” in the red square at the top of the page.
We are currently unable to offer English guided tours everyday. Therefore, if tours are unavailable we can replace the guided tour in English for a self-guided visit with a book. In this case, you are welcome to visit us between 10 am and 3 pm.
The guided tour consists of :
- Visit of the Long House (Wendat’s traditional housing). Presentation of the Wendat’s way of life.
- Visit of the smokehouse and the fish and meat dryer. Comments on methods of food preservation.
- Visit of the sweat lodge. Presentation on purification techniques used by our ancestors.
- We make a stop at our giant tee-pee. Informations about the way of life of Indigenous peoples from different Nations.
- Presentation on traditional means of transportation and on the making of canoes and snowshoes. Visitors are invited to take a seat in large canoes to listen to the guide.
- Presentation on the present life of the Wendats in the community of Wendake.
The guided tour is offered all year long come snow, rain or shine. All exhibits are covered in case of rain and can accommodate an entire group. The guided tour is offered in French and English, depending on availability.
Your stay will last approximately 2 hours which includes a 1 hour guided tour and free time to allow visitors to go back on the site, take pictures and visit our shop.